Once a dancer, always a dancer.

Her name is Lucina, one of my best friend in the University, I remember I saw her walking in the classroom, tired and exhausted, with some bruises on her legs, she told me she was practicing for the annual show of dance club.

She was so busy practicing that I could only see her in classes, other times, she was always practicing dancing. Lucina told me the practice was tiring and tough, but to her, dancing is something that she likes a lot and she always feels energetic when dancing. One day, I walk through the atrium hall and saw a bunch of girl dancing in the middle of the hall, I saw her immediately, she was beautiful with a confident smile on her face, the dance was combined with speed, flexibility, agility and balance.

I was waiting for her break to tell her that she danced so well and I was so proud of her. “Ten-minute break”, One of the leaders of the dance club shout out loudly, surprisingly, Lucina and most of the girls kept practicing, some seemed like trying to memorize the steps of the dance, some kept practicing the same movement again and again. Then, I remember sawing one post on the Instagram by a famous group in Asia which their group name is BY2, they said in their post that they always practice 100 times for a ten-second movement in their dance, like people always say “Practice makes perfect”.

When we were walking together back to the classroom, I asked her why she joined the dance club, she told me that she started to dance when she was a little girl, despite there was a time that she stopped dancing, the spirit in her still remembers the happiness she felt while dancing. But the main reason is to make friends. Like me, Lucina is an international student, joining clubs must be a great way to know more people. No doubt, she really did make a lot of friends who have the same hobbies.

Dance club

I believe that there are many people who like dancing, at least I have met quite a lot of friends who are obsessed with dancing. Obviously, for many girls, it was a dream to become a dancer when watching the Nutcracker ballet or the swan lake.

Dance club delivers classes in a range of styles including hip hop, ballet/pointe, jazz, lyrical, tap, commercial and contemporary. It is a club which you can develop your confidence and having fun with people who likes dancing as well.

No matter your level of dance experience, no matter why you want to dance, you are always welcome to join dance club to learn different dancing style.

Don’t forget your dream, it is time to join dance club! Once a dancer, always a dancer.

Class timetable

Time Monday Tuesday Thursday
 6-7 Tap Jazz Fitness & Flex
 7-8 Technique Commercial Lyrical
 8-9 Balet Hip-Hop Contemporary

All classes take place in the Venue in the Students Union!

For more information about dance club visit the Facebook pageStudents’ Union, or write an email to the club!

You may also like...